Cathryn Tonne is an environmental epidemiologist focusing on broad issues around the influence of the physical environment on health and health inequalities. Much of her research has focused on the health effects of air pollution from traffic and household sources.
She leads the European Research Council funded Cardiovascular Health effects of Air pollution in Telangana, India (chaiproject.org).Rare Black Nike Air 061 Leather Jordan Red 5 Enfermo Phat Cement 10 Low 350571 1 44Zqrpw
She is currently a Ramon y Cajal Fellow (2017-2021). Her previous research has been funded by the US NIH, UK Department of Health, UK Research Councils (ESRC, NERC, MRC).
She trained in Epidemiology and Environmental Health at the Harvard School of Public Health (ScD, 2006). Prior to her doctoral training, she received a Master of Public Health, with a focus on environmental health, from Columbia University, and a BS in chemistry from UC Berkeley. She joined ISGlobal (former CREAL) in 2015 after several years in London, first at King´s College Environmental Research Group and then the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Lines of Research
- Air pollution
- Noise f de Novedad la 071 Con 810279 sudadera
- Cardiovascular health
- Global environmental health
- Ochieng C, Vardoulakis S, Tonne C. Household air pollution following replacement of traditional open fire with an improved cookstove. Sci Tot Environ. 2016.
- Halonen J, Dehbi H, Hansell A, Gulliver J, Fecht D, Blangiardo M, Kelly F, Chaturvedi N, Kivimäki, Tonne C. Associations of night-time road traffic noise with carotid intima-media thickness and blood pressure: the Whitehall II and SABRE study cohorts. Environ Int. 2016..
- Halonen JI, Hansell AL, Gulliver J, Morley D, Blangiardo M, Fecht D, Toledano MB, Beevers SD, Anderson HR, Kelly FJ, Tonne C. Road traffic noise is associated with increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality and all-cause mortality in London. Eur Heart J. 2015.
- Tonne C, Elbaz A, Beevers S, Singh-Manoux A. Traffic related air pollution in relation to cognitive function in the Whitehall II cohort. Epidemiology. 2014. 810279 071 Novedad sudadera Con de la f
- Tonne C and Wilkinson P. Long-term exposure to air pollution is associated with survival following acute coronary syndrome. Eur Heart J. 2013.